|Join Our Mailing List|
NOTE: If you have a military or AOL address, they do not allow emails from the newsletter system we use. You will need to use an alternate address.
Have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day with Your Pets
March 07, 2011
Anyone from Savannah knows just how important St. Patrick’s Day is to our community. If you plan to take your pets down for the festivities, here are some tips for you:
1. Take plenty of water and a water dish. The parade and festivities can be long, and finding a drink for your pooch may not be easy.
2. Make sure your pet has a secured collar with id tag and leash. It is a state law that pets wear their rabies tag, and it must be current, so make sure you have that on their collar before they leave the house. If your rabies vaccine was more than a year ago, you can get a booster for $12 Wednesday, March 9th at TailsSpin.
3. Don’t forget the poop bags.
4. If you want to dress your pet, make sure beads aren’t able to be chewed as they could be a choking hazard.
5. If your pet is nervous when you have people over to your house, leave them at home for St. Patrick’s Day. This parade is the 2nd largest in the country, so there will be lots of people there. Keep your pet’s stress level low (and yours) and leaving the shy ones to watch the parade on TV.
Read more stories in our article archive.