Coastal Pet Rescue Adoption Policies
Coastal Pet Rescue adopts animals to self-sufficient adults - who demonstrate that they are responsible persons and can give adequate assurances that they intend to provide proper care for an animal's entire life (15 to 20 years). Proper care includes:
- Proper diet and fresh water
- Safe, comfortable shelter from the elements and potential dangers
- Routine and emergency veterinary care
- Keeping proper identification on pets and complying with licensure laws
- Adequate training and supervision
- Daily exercise and companionship
Coastal Pet Rescue will not knowingly adopt any animal:
- to individuals under 18 years of age.
- to a person with a history of animal abuse or neglect.
- to homes where current pets are not neutered or spayed.
- to be used for breeding (notice: all pets are spayed or neutered prior to adoption per state law).
- for the purposes of vivisection, experimentation or blood sports.
- to be slaughtered for food or to breed animals for slaughter.
- to be used as an attack guard dog.
- to be turned over to a person who has been refused an adoption.
- to be given to another person who is unaware of the adoption (we offer a gift certificate in lieu of adopting an animal as a gift).
- to a residence where pets are not allowed.
- to homes where the pet will live only in the yard.
Please review our Adoption FAQ before you complete the following application. Please understand that we are an all-volunteer organization and it may be 48 to 72 hours before you are contacted regarding your application due to the high volume we receive each day.